Sunday, October 26, 2008

What I'm going to be for Halloween

Today's Last Tuesday's (wow, I'm really far behind on my blogs) edition of Pop Candy asks: What the heck will you be for Halloween? Here's my answer:

In these troubled economic times, and in these times where we all have to work together to save our planet, it's important to reuse and economize. Also, I can't sew. That said, last weekend I went to Michael's and for $3 bought a spool of lovely green satin ribbon. On Halloween, I plan to wear my black silk dress with the gray and green flowers on it, black pumps, and a length of green ribbon tied around my neck.

Oh yeah, you children's literature fans know EXACTLY who I'm dressing as.

With the green ribbon around my neck, I'm dressed as Jenny from the short story "The Green Ribbon" from In a Dark, Dark Room and Other Scary Stories by Alvin Schwartz. Only I promise that when my husband unties the ribbon, my head won't fall off. At least, I don't think it will.

No comments: