Monday, January 7, 2008

My favorite books of 2007

Now that I've finished the last of my must reads from 2007, I thought I'd list my favorites. In no particular order:

The Absolutely True Diary of a Part-Time Indian by Sherman Alexie

Freak Show by James St. James

Dramarama by E. Lockhart

Does My Head Look Big in This? by Randa Abdel-Fattah

Memoirs of a Teenage Amnesiac by Gabrielle Zevin

Beauty Shop for Rent...fully equipped, inquire within by Laura Bowers

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows by J.K. Rowling, but only if I pretend that epilogue doesn't exist

The Wednesday Wars by Gary D. Schmidt

Cures for Heartbreak by Margo Rabb

A Swift Pure Cry by Siobhan Dowd

Boy Toy by Barry Lyga (which, as much as I loved the others, is probably my top favorite book of 2007)

Before I Die by Jenny Downham

The Off Season by Catherine Gilbert Murdock

I'm starting to dip into my 2008 galleys and am anxiously awaiting a mailing from Penguin.

No comments: