Tuesday, January 22, 2008

For entertainment purposes only: Harry Potter and personality types






Harry Potter Character Combatibility Test
created with QuizFarm.com
You scored as Percy Weasley

You are Percy Weasley. You're extremely ambitious and set very high and sometimes unrealistic goals for yourself. You're a stickler for the rules and don't find yourself having much time for play. Be careful, because if you set your mind too much into your goals you can become ignorant and stray away from what's really important.


Percy Weasley


91%

Draco Malfoy


72%

Oliver Wood


72%

Bellatrix Lestrange


53%

Hermione Granger


53%

Harry Potter


50%

Lord Voldemort


50%

Sirius Black


47%

Remus Lupin


47%

Severus Snape


44%

Ron Weasley


34%

Neville Longbottom


31%

Albus Dumbledore


22%

Luna Lovegood


9%




Honestly, this didn't surprise me at all. The questions on the quiz were very similar to what you'd see in a standard MBTI test. In fact, here's a Harry Potter MBTI test that I took...bet you'll be surprised at the result...

Pirate Monkey's Harry Potter Personality Quiz
Harry Potter Personality Quiz
by Pirate Monkeys Inc.

On every MBTI test I take, I score off the charts as an ESTJ. That's not surprising; ESTJs are the most common personality type, making up more or less 10% of the world's population. My second-highest score of Draco Malfoy, according to the Pirate Monkeys quiz, is an ESTP, only one MBTI step and most of a world removed from what I am. Many large companies use MBTI testing as part of their job application or promotion process, but I prefer to use it to analyze fictional characters. Luna Lovegood, for example, is an INTJ and contrary to the Pirate Monkeys label, I think the Weasley twins are textbook ESFPs, like my youngest sister. In my other pop-culture interests, Charlie Eppes and Gil Grissom are INTPs (like my husband), Don Eppes is an ESTJ, Dean Winchester is an ESFJ (SJs are classified as "Guardians" or "Protectors," and Dean is a guardian if I ever saw one), and Sam Winchester...he's a little harder to figure out but I'd say he's closest to an ISTP.

So there's your dose of psychology for the day.

No comments: