- No Country for Old Men by Cormac McCarthy. I saw the movie and liked it, but I'm sure I'll like the book more.
- Beautiful Creatures by Kami Garcia and Margaret Stohl
- Ruined: A Ghost Story by Paula Morris
- Swoon by Nina Malkin
- Hush Hush by Becca Fitzpatrick
- Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close by Jonathan Safran Foer
Once I renew my library card I'm planning Chris Krovatin Day at Librarilly Blonde. But it's really more My Giant Authorcrush On Chris Krovatin, Who Doesn't Know I Exist, Day. His books are Heavy Metal and You and Venomous, if you'd like to get a head start on the reading.
BBYA? Not in the frame of mind to talk about it right now because instead of going to ALA I was doing the magazine workshop, but I get the vague impression that my opinion (basically, keep BBYA as is and think very carefully about the economics of reading and publishing before establishing that reader's choice award) is one of the less popular ones around.