Monday, April 6, 2009

I heart this interview

I know it's been quiet around Librarilly Blonde lately, but that's because I've been buried in review books, wrapping up some projects before my job ends in June, stalking my mailbox, and preparing for the New Jersey Library Association conference (more on that later).

When I'm not doing those things, however, I'm reading I Heart Daily, a very cool Stuff We Like blog run in part by Melissa Walker, who wrote the delightful Violet on the Runway. Last Wednesday (I'm slow sometimes), I Heart Daily ran an awesome interview with Christina Kelly, whose writing I first read in Sassy magazine when I was in sixth grade. Kelly talks with I Heart Daily about one of Sassy's most memorable covers, which is pictured above, and her memories of Kurt Cobain. Read it here: Flashback: Kurt, Courtney and Sassy Magazine.

Related things you might heart if you heart all things Nirvana and Sassy: Journals of Kurt Cobain || Cobain Unseen by Charles R. Cross || With the Lights Out (box set of Nirvana's recordings) || How Sassy Changed My Life by Kara Jesella and Marissa Meltzer

and Mom, if you're reading this, I'm still mad at you for throwing out all my Sassys when I was in college.

No comments: