Tuesday, January 27, 2009

The FIRE is catching already

There was a lot of excitement in Denver. There's the anticipation of the Youth Media Awards, what made BBYA/PPYA/Quick Picks, who would win the first Morris Award, etc. But I have a confession to make: As much as I admire and respect my colleagues on the Printz, Newbery, etc. committees, there was one thing that made me squee just as much as The Graveyard Book winning the Newbery, and it looks something like this:



Oh YES!!! Scholastic had covers of Catching Fire (The Second Book of the Hunger Games) available. Of course, there was no flap copy on the covers, but it was still really exciting. The reps from Scholastic said that galleys would be available at Book Expo and ALA.

There's more information on Catching Fire at School Library Journal. And while I really dislike the opening line of the article (I TOLD YOU The Hunger Games wasn't going to get a Newbery or Printz honor), the rest of it is well worth reading.

No comments: