Thursday, December 18, 2008

Final lists for the BCCLS Mock Awards

The BCCLS Youth Services Committee has been very hard at work this year, reading and making lists of the books they deem most worthy of appearing in the finals for our Mock Caldecott, Newbery, and Printz Awards. The lists are final and available to all in several places.

First, you can see our flyer for the event (all are welcome!), which lists all of our favorites.

Second, you can visit BCCLSVisor, where the lists appear individually.

  • Mock Caldecott. I'm not sure which of the books deserves the award the most, but my personal love goes to The House in the Night.

  • Mock Newbery. I'm all about Chains and The Graveyard Book.

  • Mock Printz. I'll do a longer post on this soon, but my favorite to win is Madapple, with honors for Pretty Monsters and Octavian II.

No comments: