Monday, February 25, 2008

Read what I wrote: Jan/Feb Public Libraries

About six months ago, I was reading Public Libraries, the journal of the Public Library Association, and saw an interview with author Deb Caletti. I thought, "Wouldn't it be cool to write one of these author interviews?" Even better, Public Libraries is easy to pitch to. I wrote to the journal's editor and offered my skills as an author interviewer. Lo and behold, the stars had aligned in my favor and it turned out that the journal was seeking contributors for the January/February issue, which would focus on teen services.

I came up with several ideas on who to interview, all viable options, but the one I decided to go with in the end was the Class of 2K7. Since I first heard of it, I thought the Class of 2K7 was a great concept and even better, it seemed to really do nice things for its member authors. In the article, I interviewed class president Greg Fishbone and representatives Judy Gregerson and Paula Chase Hyman. Unfortunately, the interview is not online, but you can read it in print: First-Class Authors: An interview with representatives of the Class of 2K7.

No comments: