Wednesday, February 27, 2008

I confess, I am just about the uncoolest teen librarian in existence. I keep track of manga but I don't read it. I know that anime exists but I don'

I confess, I am just about the uncoolest teen librarian in existence. I keep track of manga but I don't read it. I know that anime exists but I don't watch it. The only TV shows I watch that could even be remotely construed as teen favorites are America's Next Top Model and Supernatural. And I do not own, nor have I ever owned, a gaming console. I was just never that into it. Despite my complete lack of cool, however, I do know that gaming in libraries is very popular right now and there are a lot of questions from librarians on what games to buy, how to catalog them, etc. Because of these questions, I hosted a Teen Talk Tuesday on gaming in libraries and invited Tyler Rousseau of the Ocean County Library, Lakewood Branch, to talk about his experience hosting gaming at his library. Tyler is an avid gamer as well as a teen librarian and had some great insights.

Read the transcript of this chat, and if it helped you at all, feel free to leave a comment.

No comments: