Monday, March 24, 2008

NYPL Books for the Teen Age 2008

A few weeks ago, I was tickled to receive an invitation to the 79th Annual NYPL Books for the Teen Age exhibition. I read the Books for the Teen Age list every year, of course, but this is the first time I'd been invited to the NYPL to see the books and authors themselves.

I'd only been to the NYPL main building once (I didn't grow up here! Until I was 25, my closest experience with the Library Lions had been Ghostbusters!) so I was really excited to see the Celeste Bartow Forum, a beautiful open meeting space that used to house the NYPL's entire circulating collection. The books that made the list were set up on tables at the back of the room, divided into their respective categories. I think my favorite categories this year were "Parents from Hell" and "Get me outta this place!" There were also lots of authors there that I was too scared to talk to. See, I have this problem where I get around authors I like and can only say stupid things. But hi and *insert not-so-stupid thing I said here* to Kirsten Miller, Jo Knowles, Cecil Castellucci, Margo Rabb, Daria Snadowsky, Nico Medina, Rachel Cohn, Libba Bray, and others I'm sure I forgot. But thanks again, NYPL, and I may be, um, appropriating some of your lists for Book Bonanza.

See the 2008 Books for the Teen Age list at the NYPL Teen Link.

No comments: